Birthday Cards

Friday, March 5, 2010

Fleece Baby Quilt

A fleece baby quilt that I made for a great granddaughter that should be born soon.
I bought pink and white fleece and rotary cut it into 6 1/2" squares (size of the ruler). I marked the center of the white squares so that I could embroider them. Next, hooped water soluble stabilizer only, placed the fleece on the stabilizer (did not hoop fabric) and used a basting stitch to hold the fabric in place. I wound bobbins with the rayon thread to match the top thread, this is so that it looks finished from both sides as you can see in the pictures. The designs were actually an applique but I just ran the design without adding the top fabric. After everything was embroidered I laid out the design on the table alternating plain pink squares with the white ones. Using a stretch needle, an even feed foot, I sewed the squares together with 1/2" seams in rows with a triple stitch. I needed to make it larger so that I added rows of a border around the edges cutting fleece 3 1/2". The next part I did while watching tv and that was clip being careful not to cut into the thread. It looks cuter than the pictures show. I hope she enjoys it.






No comments:

Post a Comment