Birthday Cards

Monday, April 12, 2010

Cardmaking

Flower Card:
One of my favorite cartridges is the "Wild Card" Cards are set up to be able to cut shaped cards without too much effort and I like the look of them.
On page 56 of the handbook is this flower card. In order to cut the envelopes to go with the cards, you have to use a special size so it fits on the 12" x 12" mat. You have to the cut envelope first and use the "fit to Page" feature on the Expression. The largest size that you are able to cut on this card is 4 3/4" x 4 3/4". you can cut other sizes smaller than this or is you use your own envelope, you can cut a larger size.
The first thing that I did is cut the card from yellow card stock. I did use the Cuttlebug and with the Swiss Dots folder for just the flower to embellish. I kept the size at 4 3/4" and cut out the white flower from the "Frame" feature. Next I cut 3 green leaves from the "Icon" feature with the same size. On the inside of the card, I then pasted them on the rectangle

The envelope was cut from green card stock. Added the light blue to the back section before folding and gluing the envelope together. added yellow and white flowers cut from the "Liner feature.
Also added the stickles.



No comments:

Post a Comment