Birthday Cards

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Waterfall card

I have been fascinated with this type of card that I saw on "The Spotted Canary" show this past Friday. I went to their website and found the directions on making this card as well as other wonderful projects.

Using my Cuttlebug folders, (instead of stamping or stickers) I cut the squares with the white layer @ 1 7/8" and then the background at 2". Using the stamp die from the Cuttlebug, I cut out 4 different colors and then embossed with 2 folders from the original kit and then 2 others that fit in space and attached to the white squares.

The "Happy Birthday" was a cut file that I created on the Gypsy so that it would go on the sides of the front card. I need to do something to the letters to make them pop more so this will be done either with a pen stitch or chalking.

The top layer square is from the original Cuttlebug folders that came with the stamp die done in a bright green.
As the card is pulled from the bottom ribbon, this is the 2 ND layer which is lavender. The flower is from a set of four smaller folders which are called flowers.

Pull a little more and the third layer shown which is from blue paper and is the cupcake from the original stamp and die.
One more pull and the last layer is exposed which is embossed three times from the birthday folders. I only put it partially through and then position again until I had three celebrates on the square with only the one showing through when the card is closed.



Fun to do but some concentration on folding and putting together but is not difficult and I am planning to do more.


No comments:

Post a Comment