Birthday Cards

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Family Love

This is the layout that I created for the Spotted Canary challenge. It is my first layout for a scrapbook page that I have created on my own.
I did one one other time when I went to Achievers but that was something they planned and I
still didn't add any pictures to that one.

I used Double sided paper from K & Company which I love.

I cut a 9.25" scalloped circle from Winter Woodland and cut it at 5" and used the pink side for the main layout and the rose color was about 4" for the other page.

I took a 12" strip of green paper and punched both sides with a Martha Stewart border punch and applied the lace trim to the center.

The flowers were cut from Elegant Cake on page 42 and using the Gypsy, I used the hide feature for the leaves and cut @ 2.5", 2", and 1.5" with the center circles cut @ 1.25", 1", and 5/8" and attached with a pop dot to add dimension.

The wording came from the paper that I fussy cut and applied after I inked the edges. The words on the bottom were attached using a pop dot to stand out from the flowers.

On the second page, I used the same flowers on the pink border that I used the same punch as the first page and also the green strip on the bottom.
Using a heart card that I made and am using to journal on the inside of the card. The bottom rectangles are for wallet size pictures to be added.



This is a photo of the planning stage as you can see I changed things a little bit from the finished page.










No comments:

Post a Comment