Birthday Cards

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Invitations

These are the invitations that I am working on for my daughters shower. We are doing this through the Internet since she and her future mother in law live in a different state. It is difficult to interpret the colors through the colors on the screen.

This is the first card that I made using the flower as the theme that is closest to the tropical type of theme that I have in my cartridge library. A simple card with a border. The next day, I created this card using a tag feature with the word Celebrate from Martha Stewart Elegant Cake with all the layers. The scalloped pocket is from Tie the Knot as well as the flowers. The purple color is what I thought was the color. The border is cut @ 1.5" and then punched on both sides with a Martha Stewart punch. A strip of purple paper is added to the center. All layers were embossed using Cuttlebug folders (D'vine swirls and Swiss dots). Details for the invitations will be printed and put on the bottom of the tag.


So the colors were not quite right on the first card so the two cards are next to each other with a shadow effect on the newer card. The one on the right will be the choice.


A brighter, lighter purple, 1.25" punched border. Will be looking for the ribbon to match instead of the purple strip.

At least with the blank samples, I will be able to use these cards for other occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment