Birthday Cards

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wedding Invitation

After trying to decide what to do for the invitation, my daughter chose this tri-fold card. Although this is my sample, the other cards went home with her on Sunday. I did not use the Cricut for this card which is different for me.

The main card is cut @ 6.25, x 9.25. This was to fit in a folder that I had with the birds on it. I had to "dress" the folder and change the plates to put it thought the Cuttlebug. It worked fine on the sample of printer paper but then when I put the glitter paper in, the lines had torn the paper. In this photo, you cannot tell but it is a glitter paper and was hard to print because it was so thick but I finally got it through the printer.



The flower was a Spellbinders Nestabilities flower which cuts and embosses. I could cut the scraps that I trimmed from the 12" x 12" paper that was trimmed to go into my printer. A stone was added to the center of the card.


Added a ribbon and a separate bow


I was not sure how well the glitter card stock would stick together to each other so I did cut an extra flower and pasted it on the inside of the card.




Also embossed the flap of the envelope.










No comments:

Post a Comment