Monday, March 29, 2010
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
The flowers were from Gypsy Wanderings and were cut @ 1.22" and were rotated on each cut flower.
The leaves were from Walk In My Garden and cut @1.39 x .48 " and also rotated for each of the cuts.
The Egg shape was cut from Doodlecharms and has to be a separate cut because the flowers and leaves extend over the border.The size was 6.14 x 18.16".
The circles were from Plantin Schoolbook and were cut from .26" and .48" to be used as fillers.
This was my first cut and I couldn't just let it go to waste so I cut out the purple paper and glued it on the front folded paper and then trimmed to leave the egg shape. Glued the green leaves in the cutout section after I ran them through the Cuttlebug. Stickled the leaves and Happy Easter and added the gems to the center part.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Newest card that I just love! Has things that have been favorites of mine which is gingham, newest border punch and Swiss dots.
Made this card using Doodlecharms:
For the bunny cut @ 3.5" with the dark pink as the shadow feature
Chalked the ears the added Stickles for the glitz. Eyes and nose are brads added before the shadow was glued on to the back.
Added the pink bow after gluing to a 4.25 x 5.5" square, run through the Cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder, punched the corners with a Martha Stewart corner punch.
In the set of punches was also the punch for a straight border which I used for the gingham paper cut at 7.5 x 5". Because of the size of the paper, I needed to add the stripes to the outer edge to cover the uneven edges from the punch.
The size of the card finished was 5.25 x 7.5" which is larger than my usual size of A 2.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
I had gotten a cut file from the Cricut message board and this person designed this dress box from cartridges that I already owned and welded the file. The original design is on the cartridge "Tie the Knot"which I do not have. Eventually I will be making boxes such as this for my daughter, soon I hope. I did run the dress through the Cuttlebug with the swirls folder which adds another element to this cut. Added stones to the top and a flower that I had on the waistband with a ribbon. You untie the ribbon and there is enough room to add mints or some other small item. I think it is very clever how she did design it.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
I had the checked ribbon and wove it through the cut holes. Added a oval shape of pink polka dot paper. The bunny is from Winter Woodlands put through the cuttle but with the swirls pattern, then added Stickles on the swirls. for the nose and mouth I used small stones.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
I bought pink and white fleece and rotary cut it into 6 1/2" squares (size of the ruler). I marked the center of the white squares so that I could embroider them. Next, hooped water soluble stabilizer only, placed the fleece on the stabilizer (did not hoop fabric) and used a basting stitch to hold the fabric in place. I wound bobbins with the rayon thread to match the top thread, this is so that it looks finished from both sides as you can see in the pictures. The designs were actually an applique but I just ran the design without adding the top fabric. After everything was embroidered I laid out the design on the table alternating plain pink squares with the white ones. Using a stretch needle, an even feed foot, I sewed the squares together with 1/2" seams in rows with a triple stitch. I needed to make it larger so that I added rows of a border around the edges cutting fleece 3 1/2". The next part I did while watching tv and that was clip being careful not to cut into the thread. It looks cuter than the pictures show. I hope she enjoys it.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
I find the hardest thing for me to do is with the limited software and my camera, everything has to be edited to upload to the site to fit. Sometimes access to the computer is limited.