Birthday Cards

Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Wallhanging

Foundation Piecing for Easter
This wall hanging measures 16" x 18" with the smallest block measuring 2 1/4 x 2 1/2" and was done from a pattern in a book. After I did the basket in the brown and purple, I decided to use it anyway even thought the colors were too dark to show up well in the picture but I had to get this done because I was teaching a class on this project and the deadline was the next day. Projects such as these are great for small amounts of fabric.

The rabbit had a 3 step straight stitch for his features and buttons sewed on by machine. I tried to get the stripes lined up so they would show better for his bow.
The eyes on the chicks were a decorative stitch of a circle but was shrunk down in length and width. I did do a practice stitch out until I was satisfied with the size fitting for their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment