Birthday Cards

Friday, February 3, 2012

Penguin Birthday Card

For my new son in laws birthday, I created this card. He is a big fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team.

The card is 4.5" x 6.25" in white in which I edged in yellow ink. I did size everything to fit in the Cricut Craft Room but cut and finished sizing in my Gypsy. There have been too many problems with CCR for me to waste my time trying to get everything to cut and I don't have the room to have the computer near my Cricut and still have a work area.

The triangle is cut from George in yellow and then adjusted the black to be 1/8" larger. The penguin is from Christmas Cheer but did not use the hat. In Everyday paper Dolls were the rest of the hockey items. I did cut two of the net, (one in black and the other in light grey) and then trimmed the black inside net to attach to the grey layer. Added black pen lines for additional detail and Stickles on the skates, puck and penguin. The "Happy Birthday" was a stamp and run through a folder with the Cuttlebug. The inside "Happy Birthday" was cut from Create a Critter with two layers for the happy. Mounted on a embossed folder that I found at Pat Catans craft store and then used a border punch at the bottom of the white card stock.



Another view


No comments:

Post a Comment