Birthday Cards

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Easter egg cards

Using my Gypsy, I created these cards because I couldn't find the newest Easter cartridge. using the follow cartridges: Doodlecharms, Gypsy Wanderings, Plantin Schoolbook, Walk in my Garden and A Childs Year for the words.
The flowers were from Gypsy Wanderings and were cut @ 1.22" and were rotated on each cut flower.
The leaves were from Walk In My Garden and cut @1.39 x .48 " and also rotated for each of the cuts.
The Egg shape was cut from Doodlecharms and has to be a separate cut because the flowers and leaves extend over the border.The size was 6.14 x 18.16".
The circles were from Plantin Schoolbook and were cut from .26" and .48" to be used as fillers.
This was my first cut and I couldn't just let it go to waste so I cut out the purple paper and glued it on the front folded paper and then trimmed to leave the egg shape. Glued the green leaves in the cutout section after I ran them through the Cuttlebug. Stickled the leaves and Happy Easter and added the gems to the center part.
The green egg was a welded egg from Doodlecharms so that I had an egg shaped card. Cut the flower part separately and added to the top layer. Put the pink flowers from the other cut egg on top after I ran it through the Swiss Dots folder. Stickled the dots on the flowers and the Happy Easter.


No comments:

Post a Comment