Birthday Cards

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Candle Mat

Before Valentine's day, I created this candle mat, done with cuts from the Cricut. I did use the Gypsy for the sizing of the hearts which were cut from 4 colors of wool.
I used the Cricut to cut the hearts out of fusible web then fused to the back of the wool and then cut the hearts out. I didn't want to put the wool through the Cricut because of the fibers were too fuzzy and would create a problem on the mat and harder to clean.
The white background pattern was also created on the Gypsy by welding 4 hearts together and then traced on the wool. After fusing the hearts, I felted them onto the background but then used a applique stitch around the largest heart. The cuts were from the Sweetheart cartridge. I tried to use the scallop heart for the largest heart but even at 3" there were too many scallops to show up on the final heart. After I felted the hearts, I stitched onto a piece of wool felt and cut about a quarter inch larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment