Birthday Cards

Friday, February 25, 2011

Masculine birthday cards

SNOW DAY!(again)

So I Decided to work on some more "guy cards" I just bought the Paper Lace cartridges yesterday and while looking through the booklet, I found a few cuts that would make guy type cards.

Not always happy with the papers that I have, I found this hounds tooth print in gray, cream and bright green and searched for a few solids to match. The "Happy birthday cream color was cut from page 53 Lace 2 @ 3 3/4" and the shadow from gray card stock and then run through the Cuttlebug. Thought it needed something so I cut a rectangle out of the green also at 3 3/4" and mounted it using pop dots for raised effect. It does extend above the card at the top and bottom. The next card using the same paper is from page 46 Lace 1 cut @ 1.70"( sized to fit the width of 5.5" of the A 2 card on the Gypsy. Also the shadow was cut from gray card stock. Using George I cut the HAPPY out at about 1", and the BIRTHDAY at .70 real size dial was on for both cuts. I ended up cutting strips of green to mount the letters to the card because I felt the print was too busy to handle the letters.


The third card was cut from page 49 @ 1 7/8" but I did change my mind in the size of the card so I ended up cutting the last section off with scissors. I thought it looked too plain so again I ran it through the Cuttlebug but still needed something and found these gray brads in the middle squares. The Happy Birthday was cut from Gypsy Wanderings but increased the size of the "birthday" on the Gypsy






No comments:

Post a Comment